Relembrando o passado do verbo to be! #dicasdeinglês
The Simple Past of the Verb "to be"
The simple past tense of the verb to be:
This page will present the simple past tense of the verb to be:
- its form
- and its use.
The affirmative form:
I, he, she, it was. you, we, they were.
- I was in London in 1999.
- Pam was in London in 1999, too.
- We were together.
- She was my girlfriend.
The interrogative form:
Was I, he, she, it? Were you, we, they?
- Were you in London last year?
- Was Pam with you?
- Were you together?
The negative form:
I, you, he, she was not. wasn't. You, we, they were not. weren't.
- I wasn't in Paris in 1999.
- Pam wasn't in Paris in 1999.
- We weren't in Paris.
1. wasn't is the short form of was not. You can say either:
- I was not in Paris, or
- I wasn't in Paris.2. weren't is the short form of were not. You can say either:
- we were not in Paris, or
- we weren't in Paris.
Aulas de Inglês Via Skype ou Presenciais em Belo Horizonte : http://aulasbh.googlepages.com Contato: (31) 9143-7388
Video Dicas de Inglês do Prof. Newton (Canal do Youtube) : http://www.youtube.com/user/dicasdeingles
Blog de Inglês dos Profs. Newton Rocha e Érika de Pádua. Aulas de Inglês via Skype ou Presenciais em Belo Horizonte. 40 Reais Hora-Aula. Contato: email@example.com Tel: (31) 9143-7388