ENGLISH HOMEWORK #42 | Aprenda inglês com “Do I Wanna Know?” do Arctic Monkeys! | Érika e Newton – Inglês por Skype

This week we are going to learn english singing  “Do I Wanna Know?” do Arctic Monkeys!

E lembre-se de estudar inglês todos os dias!
arctic-monkeys

COMPOSITION
Imagine you are applying for a job. Write a paragraph about you, telling what did you do at your career, your education, your personality and your best characteristics and skills,  (150 words)

ONLINE GRAMMAR EXERCISES

IDIOM OF THE WEEK
above board
Meaning:
If something is above board, it’s been done in a legal and honest way.
For example:
I’m sure the deal was completely above board as I know James well and he’d never do anything illegal or corrupt.
The minister claimed all the appointments were above board and denied claims that some positions had been given to his friends.
Origin:
Possibly derived from card playing and the fact that card players who keep their hands above the table (or above “the board”) can be seen to be playing honestly, without cheating.

READING AND LISTENING
Prince was a highly skilled musician. He played many instruments including guitar, piano and drums. He wrote popular songs that crossed many musical borders. He had a powerful voice with a wide high to low range. Prince’s music brought together many musical styles. Link
In American English, “further” is usually used for non-physical or figurative distances. “Farther” is the correct word when talking about actual physical distance – or distance that you can measure. Link
The movie “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part II” is the last in The Hunger Games series. This week’s English @ the Movies phrase is “make it count.” Are they talking about counting, like in a math class? Listen and find out.  Link

ENGLISH VIDEO CLASS
In this lesson, I explain how and when we use to before a verb with the -ing ending. The use of to before an -ing verb is not always correct. But it is correct in a particular case to express an emotion or action happening in the present referring to a past or future event. If this sounds complicated, have no fear! It is a simple structure once you understand how it works. And if you do our quiz at the end, you will get used to using this concept in no time!

ENGLISH LEARNING LINKS
Duolingo – Free Online English Exercises
BBC Learning English
Voa News – Learning English
Engvid – English Video Classes

MUSIC
Do I Wanna Know? – Arctic Monkeys
Have you got colour in your cheeks?
Do you ever get that fear that you can’t shift the type
That sticks around like something in your teeth
Are there some aces up your sleeve
Have you no idea that you’re in deep?
I’ve dreamt about you nearly every night this week
How many secrets can you keep?
‘Cause there’s this tune I’ve found
That makes me think of you somehow
And I play it on repeat
Until I fall asleep
Spilling drinks on my settee

(Do I wanna know?)
If this feeling flows both ways
(Sad to see you go)
Sort of hoping that you’d stay
(Baby we both know)
That the nights were mainly made for saying things
That you can’t say tomorrow day

Crawling back to you
Ever though of calling when you’ve had a few?
‘Cause I always do
Maybe I’m too
Busy being yours to fall for somebody new
Now I’ve thought it through
Crawling back to you

So have you got the guts?
Been wondering if your heart’s still open
And if so I wanna know what time it shuts
Simmer down and pucker up
I’m sorry to interrupt
It’s just I’m constantly on the cusp of trying
To kiss you
I don’t know if you
Feel the same as I do
But we could be together
If you wanted to

(Do I wanna know?)
If this feeling flows both ways
(Sad to see you go)
Sort of hoping that you’d stay
(Baby we both know)
That the nights were mainly made for saying things
That you can’t say tomorrow day

Crawling back to you
Ever though of calling when you’ve had a few?
‘Cause I always do
Maybe I’m too
Busy being yours to fall for somebody new
Now I’ve thought it through
Crawling back to you

(Do I wanna know?)
If this feeling flows both ways
(Sad to see you go)
Sort of hoping that you’d stay
(Baby we both know)
That the nights were mainly made for saying things
That you can’t say tomorrow day

(Do I wanna know?)
Too busy being yours to fall
(Sad to see you go)
Ever though of calling, darling?
(Do I wanna know?)
Do you want me crawling back to you?

Translation

erika-e-newton-ingles-por-skype
Érika & Newton – Inglês por Skype
Faça uma AULA EXPERIMENTAL GRATUITA!
Aulas TODOS OS DIAS, de 7 às 23 horas!
Érika de Pádua | Professora de Inglês – Aulas por Skype
WhatsApp: (31) 9223-5540 | Skype: erikadepadua@gmail.com
Linkedin: https://goo.gl/2c6QIb
Newton Rocha | Professor de Inglês – Aulas por Skype
WhatsApp: 9143-7388 | Skype: prof.newtonrocha@gmail.com
LinkedIin: https://goo.gl/7rajxF
Visite o nosso Blog Melhore Seu Inglês:
https://melhoreseuingles.wordpress.com/
Curta Nossa página no Facebook:
https://goo.gl/qcPQUK
Nosso Canal no Youtube – Melhore Seu Inglês:
https://goo.gl/KYns5i

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Como são os nomes das verduras e frutas em inglês? Aprenda com esse POSTER! #dicasdeinglês

Você sabe usar os ADJETIVOS INTERROGATIVOS do Inglês? | Prof. Newton Rocha – Inglês por Skype #dicasdeinglês

Como escrever CENAS INTERESSANTES! | NITRODICAS 64 #dicasdeescrita