ENGLISH HOMEWORK #46 | Aprenda inglês com “I Miss You”do Blink-182! | Érika e Newton – Inglês por Skype

Nessa semana trazemos o sucesso  “I Miss You”do  Blink-182! Cante a música e pratique sua pronúncia de inglês!
maxresdefault

COMPOSITION
Description: Describe your first job. How was it? What did you do? What did you learn from it?
(150 words)

ONLINE GRAMMAR EXERCISES

IDIOM OF THE WEEK
an unknown quantity
Meaning:
If a thing or a person is an unknown quantity, not much is known about them.
For example:
The Saints have signed a new player, but he’s an unknown quantity at this stage as very few people have seen him play.
We’ve all heard stories about a great new Ferrari engine, but it’s still an unknown quantity as far as racing is concerned.
Quick Quiz:
Our new sales manager is an unknown quantity because   
  1. we don’t like her   
  2. we don’t need her   
  3. we haven’t met her

READING AND LISTENING
We present the short story “The Caliph, Cupid and the Clock” by O. Henry. The story was originally adapted and recorded by the U.S. Department of State.  Prince Michael of Valleluna sat in the park on the seat he liked best. In the coolness of the night, he felt full of life. The other seats were not filled. Cool weather sends most people home.Link

This week, we explore a national park — and UNESCO World Heritage Site — in the American Southwest.  This national park, near the city of Carlsbad, New Mexico, is unusual in a major way — it is mostly underground.  Carlsbad Caverns National Park contains more than 100 caves below the surface of the desert. Most are closed to the public. But anyone can visit the main attraction, one of the largest caves in the world.Link

You can order plenty of sweet, tasty treats at Leon’s Frozen Custard in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  The restaurant’s many offerings include hot fudge sundaes, banana splits and root beer floats.  But you cannot order anything in Spanish. Link

ENGLISH VIDEO CLASS
8 Expressions using BITE in English
An idiom is an expression whose meaning is not predictable from the meaning of the words it contains. For example, “It’s a biting wind today” does not mean that the wind is going around chewing on people! In this lesson, I will introduce you to eight common idioms that use the word bite. There are just eight examples in this lesson, as I didn’t want you to bite off more than you could chew! So go ahead, bite the bullet: watch the video, and take the quiz!

ENGLISH LEARNING LINKS
Duolingo | Exercícios de Inglês Online
BBC Learning English | Exercícios de Inglês Online
Voa News – Learning English | Exercícios de Inglês Online
Engvid – English Video Classes
Learning Lyrics | Aprender inglês com Músicas!
Memrise | Exercícios de Inglês Online

MUSIC
“I Miss You” – Blink-182
Hello there, the angel from my nightmare
The shadow in the background of the morgue
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want
Where you can always find me
We’ll have Halloween on Christmas
And in the night we’ll wish this never ends
We’ll wish this never ends

I miss you, I miss you
I miss you, I miss you

Where are you? And I’m so sorry
I cannot sleep
I cannot dream tonight
I need somebody and always
This sick strange darkness
Comes creeping on so haunting every time
And as I stared, I counted
Webs from all the spiders
Catching things and eating their insides
Like indecision to call you
And hear your voice of treason
Will you come home and stop this pain tonight
Stop this pain tonight

Don’t waste your time on me you’re already
The voice inside my head
( I miss you, I miss you)
Don’t waste your time on me you’re already
The voice inside my head
(I miss you, I miss you)

Don’t waste your time on me you’re already
The voice inside my head
(I miss you I miss you)
Don’t waste your time on me you’re already
The voice inside my head
(I miss you I miss you)
Don’t waste your time on me you’re already
The voice inside my head
(I miss you I miss you)
Don’t waste your time on me you’re already
The voice inside my head
(I miss you I miss you)

Translation


erika-e-newton-ingles-por-skype
Érika & Newton – Inglês por Skype
Faça uma AULA EXPERIMENTAL GRATUITA!
Aulas TODOS OS DIAS, de 7 às 23 horas!
Érika de Pádua | Professora de Inglês – Aulas por Skype
WhatsApp: (31) 9223-5540 | Skype: erikadepadua@gmail.com
Linkedin: https://goo.gl/2c6QIb
Newton Rocha | Professor de Inglês – Aulas por Skype
WhatsApp: 9143-7388 | Skype: prof.newtonrocha@gmail.com
LinkedIin: https://goo.gl/7rajxF
Visite o nosso Blog Melhore Seu Inglês:
https://melhoreseuingles.wordpress.com/
Curta Nossa página no Facebook:
https://goo.gl/qcPQUK
Nosso Canal no Youtube – Melhore Seu Inglês:
https://goo.gl/KYns5i

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Como são os nomes das verduras e frutas em inglês? Aprenda com esse POSTER! #dicasdeinglês

Você sabe usar os ADJETIVOS INTERROGATIVOS do Inglês? | Prof. Newton Rocha – Inglês por Skype #dicasdeinglês

Como escrever CENAS INTERESSANTES! | NITRODICAS 64 #dicasdeescrita