ENGLISH HOMEWORK #62 | Aprenda inglês com “Alive” do Pearl Jam! | Prof. Newton – Inglês por Skype

Nessa semana trazemos “Alive” do Pearl Jam!!  Cante a música e pratique sua pronúncia de inglês, e FAÇA TODOS OS EXERCÍCIOS DESSE ENGLISH HOMEWORK!
maxresdefault

MUSIC
Alive – Pearl Jam

Son, she said, have I got a little story for you
What you thought was your daddy was nothin’ but a…
While you were sittin’ home alone at age thirteen
Your real daddy was dyin’, sorry you didn’t see him,
but I’m glad we talked…

Oh I, oh, I’m still alive
Hey I, oh, I’m still alive
Hey I, oh, I’m still alive
Hey…oh…

Oh, she walks slowly, across a young man’s room
She said I’m ready…for you
I can’t remember anything to this very day
‘Cept the look, the look…
Oh, you know where, now I can’t see, I just stare…

I, I’m still alive
Hey I, but, I’m still alive
Hey I, boy, I’m still alive
Hey I, I, I, I’m still alive, yeah
Ooh yeah…yeah yeah yeah…oh…oh…

Is something wrong, she said
Well of course there is
You’re still alive, she said
Oh, and do I deserve to be
Is that the question
And if so…if so…who answers…who answers…
I, oh, I’m still alive
Hey I, oh, I’m still alive
Hey I, but, I’m still alive
Yeah I, ooh, I’m still alive
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah


COMPOSITION
What is your favorite style of music? Why? When did you start listening to it? How does it make you feel? What are your favorite artists!
(150 words)

BUSINESS ENGLISH
Do you need to communicate in the business world? Face the facts, you need to learn some common business English idioms if you want to head a team. Improve your communication skills in professional environments by watching this lesson and learning these phrases.
When you finish the lesson, take our quiz to make sure you understand the correct usage of each idiom. Then, you can test them out at work by speaking with your colleagues and clients!

ENGLISH VIDEO CLASS
The WORST English mistakes native speakers make
Even native English speakers make mistakes! In this video, you’ll learn five mistakes English speakers make that you should avoid.
We’ll look at spelling, pronunciation, confused meanings, bad grammar, slang, and words that don’t exist! It’s okay to make mistakes, and when you’re learning a language, you’re going to make some.
My goal in this lesson is to get rid of some common mistakes, so that you can sound smarter and be more confident with your English. Once you know these five mistakes, watch this other video on five other common native speaker mistakes.

ONLINE GRAMMAR EXERCISES
Prepositions in expressions of time
Explanation:
Exercises:

IDIOM OF THE WEEK
save the day
Meaning:
If you save the day, you do something to ensure success or to solve a serious problem.
For example:
It looked like we were going to lose the game, but Ronaldo saved the day by kicking two late goals. 

Then a guy rides in on a white horse and saves the day by killing the bad guys and rescuing the girl.
Quick Quiz:
The character in a movie who saves the day is

a. the director

b. the hero

c. the victim

READING AND LISTENING
American presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton spent Monday night criticizing each other during their first debate.

Trump and Clinton each spoke about their plans to strengthen economic growth and what role the United States should have in the world.

The two disagreed with each other for almost all of the 90-minute long debate. They often spoke up while the other was speaking.
Link:
MP3 Download

Young people in the United States do not have a strong understanding of the world and their place in it.

Two U.S.-based groups, the Council on Foreign Relations and the National Geographic Society, commissioned an online survey earlier this year. They wanted to know what young people educated in American colleges knew about geography, U.S. foreign policy, recent international events, and economics.

In general, the results were not very good.

Twitter recently celebrated its 10-year anniversary. It has been trying to grow its number of users and find ways to make money.
Link:
MP3 Download:

ENGLISH VIDEO CLASSES BY ÉRIKA & NEWTON – SE INSCREVA EM NOSSO CANAL NO YOUTUBE!
Dicas de Inglês Playlist
Gramática do Inglês Playlist
Inglês para Negócios Playlist
Dicas de Inglês – Vídeos Antigos Playlist

ENGLISH LEARNING LINKS
Blog Melhore Seu Inglês|Blog dos Profes. Newton e Érika – Posts Diários!
Duolingo | Exercícios de Inglês Online
Business English Online | Exercícios, Vocabulário e Textos de Inglês para Negócios
BBC Learning English | Exercícios de Inglês Online
Voa News – Learning English | Exercícios de Inglês Online
Engvid – English Video Classes
Learning Lyrics | Aprender inglês com Músicas!
Memrise | Exercícios de Inglês Online
English Grammar Online | Exercícios de Gramática Online
Grammar Net | Explicações de Gramática Inglesa em Português e exercícios online de gramática do Inglês.
Quizlet | Monte suas listas de vocabulário que esse site transforma em jogos legais!


Érika & Newton – Inglês por Skype
Faça uma AULA EXPERIMENTAL GRATUITA!
Aulas TODOS OS DIAS, de 7 às 23 horas!
Visite o nosso Blog Melhore Seu Inglês:
https://melhoreseuingles.wordpress.com/
Curta Nossa página no Facebook:
https://goo.gl/qcPQUK
Nosso Canal no Youtube – Melhore Seu Inglês:
https://goo.gl/KYns5i

CONTATO
Newton Rocha | Professor de Inglês – Aulas por Skype
WhatsApp: 9143-7388 | Skype: prof.newtonrocha@gmail.com
LinkedIin: https://goo.gl/7rajxF

Érika de Pádua | Professora de Inglês – Aulas por Skype
WhatsApp: (31) 9223-5540 | Skype: erikadepadua@gmail.com
Linkedin: https://goo.gl/2c6QIb

erika-e-newton-ingles-por-skype

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Como são os nomes das verduras e frutas em inglês? Aprenda com esse POSTER! #dicasdeinglês

Você sabe usar os ADJETIVOS INTERROGATIVOS do Inglês? | Prof. Newton Rocha – Inglês por Skype #dicasdeinglês

Como escrever CENAS INTERESSANTES! | NITRODICAS 64 #dicasdeescrita