INGLÊS COM POESIA - Believe This BY RICHARD LEVINE

INGLÊS COM POESIA - Believe This BY RICHARD LEVINE
***
believe = acreditar | morning = manhã | yard = quintal | gardener = jardineiro | hidden = escondido | syncopated = sincopado | bouts = séries | guide = guia | church = igreja | beyond = além | deemed = considerado | bounty = generosidade | aching = dor | reached = alcançou
***
Believe This
BY RICHARD LEVINE

All morning, doing the hard, root-wrestling
work of turning a yard from the wild
to a gardener's will, I heard a bird singing
from a hidden, though not distant, perch;
a song of swift, syncopated syllables sounding
like, Can you believe this, believe this, believe?
Can you believe this, believe this, believe?
And all morning, I did believe. All morning,
between break-even bouts with the unwanted,
I wanted to see that bird, and looked up so
I might later recognize it in a guide, and know
and call its name, but even more, I wanted
to join its church. For all morning, and many
a time in my life, I have wondered who, beyond
this plot I work, has called the order of being,
that givers of food are deemed lesser
than are the receivers. All morning,
muscling my will against that of the wild,
to claim a place in the bounty of earth,
seed, root, sun and rain, I offered my labor
as a kind of grace, and gave thanks even
for the aching in my body, which reached
beyond this work and this gift of struggle.
***
Tereza Costa Rêgo (Pernambuco, Brazil)


_________________
Prof. Newton e Profa. Érika – Aulas Particulares de Inglês por Skype
Horários: Dias da Semana de 7 às 23 horas e nos Sábados e Domingos de 7 às 18 horas!
Newton Rocha | Professor de Inglês – Aulas por Skype
WhatsApp: 9143-7388 | Skype: prof.newtonrocha@gmail.com
Linkedin Facebook Twitter:  Google +
Érika de Pádua | Professora de Inglês – Aulas por Skype
WhatsApp: (31) 9223-5540 | Skype: erikadepadua@gmail.com
Linkedin Facebook Google +

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Como são os nomes das verduras e frutas em inglês? Aprenda com esse POSTER! #dicasdeinglês

Você sabe usar os ADJETIVOS INTERROGATIVOS do Inglês? | Prof. Newton Rocha – Inglês por Skype #dicasdeinglês

Como escrever CENAS INTERESSANTES! | NITRODICAS 64 #dicasdeescrita